Landscaping in Tacoma WA: Treating Lawn Diseases
An important aspect of landscaping in Tacoma, WA is identifying and treating different lawn diseases. This is how to identify and treat lawn disease.
Keyword(s): Landscaping in Tacoma WA: Treating Lawn Diseases
Science says that you have only about seven seconds to make a first impression on someone. First impressions almost always depend on your outward appearance, from your clothes to the way you carry yourself. But have you considered how your lawn could be affecting the way people see you?
When you are taking care of your landscaping in Tacoma, WA, there’s one thing you should be ready to handle: treating lawn diseases. Lawn disease can crop up before you even realize it’s there and make it very difficult to maintain your lawn.
In this guide, we’ll help you identify these lawn issues and treat them effectively.
When Landscaping in Tacoma, WA, What Types of Lawn Diseases Are There?
There are quite a few different types of lawn diseases that you may find while doing yard work. But for the purposes of this article, we’ll focus on the most common ones:
- Brown patch/summer patch: these are circular patches of dead grass caused by a fungal infection
- Dollar spot: these are smaller, silver-dollar-sized spots from a different type of summer fungal infection
- Powdery mildew: like the mildew in your home, you may notice a powdery coating resulting from humid weather
- Pythium blight: greasy, dark spots that may also produce white fluff
The causes of these types of lawn diseases are numerous. Everything from drainage, to temperature, to how you mow the lawn can cause and/or exacerbate them. In addition to everyday lawn care, let’s cover the treatments to solve these types of lawn diseases.
Treating Lawn Diseases
In the majority of cases, you simply have to make changes to how you do your yard work. Depending on the type of disease and the severity, you may have to put in some elbow grease to restore your lawn.
Here are some general tips for preventing or curing the above diseases:
- Don’t mow your grass too short
- Aerate your soil and dethatch your grass on a regular basis
- Find different grass seeds for better quality and resilience
- Avoid overwatering your lawn
- Use the proper amount of fertilizer
- Measure the pH level and adjust it for your specific grass species
In extreme cases, you may need to use pesticides to kill an infection. You can purchase pesticides from your local home improvement store to treat the majority of lawn diseases. However, you might consider hiring your local lawn care company to take the problem off your hands.
Not all grass is the same. Invest time in research on what your specific species needs for optimum health.
Contact True Design Landscape for Help With Your Lawn
As you do your landscaping in Tacoma, WA, you may come across an instance of lawn disease. Lawn disease occurs when the grass doesn’t get proper treatment, whether that be overfertilizing or mowing the grass too close to the ground. Fortunately, curing lawn disease is often just about taking better care of it.
True Design Landscape handles everything, whether you just need weekly mowing or a complete sprinkler system installation. Contact us for a free service quote.